The James Hutton Institute
- Prospect is the recognised Trade Union for scientific and other specialist staff in the James Hutton Institute (JHI). JHI Branch is comprised of three sections, BioSS, JHI Aberdeen and JHI Dundee.
JHI Branch holds regular Branch Executive Committee (BEC) meetings - usually six a year - to discuss issues relating to pay, grading, and other terms and conditions of employment such as hours, leave, pensions etc. Members can log into e-branch for the latest member only updates.
There are also a number of other research establishments in Scotland where Prospect is a recognised union. The Prospect Scottish Science Research Group (SSRG) brings these groups of members together to carry out the campaigning and lobbying to enhance the interests of these members.
- Moredun Research Institute
- Roslin Institute, Edinburgh University
- Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health (RINH), Aberdeen University
- SASA and Marine Scotland (part of Scottish Government branch)
- Nature Scot