The Parliamentary Branch covers members employed by the House of Commons, the House of Lords and the Parliamentary Digital Service. Although not civil servants, the terms and conditions of staff, including pensions, are linked to those of civil servants.
Prospect's members work in all departments across the three employers but the bulk work in the following areas:
- Official Report (Hansard) in both the Houses
- Committee specialists, enquiry managers and media officers in the Committee Office
- Library and information services in both Houses
- Engineers, specialists and technical staff in Parliamentary Estates
- Parliamentary Archive in the Lords
- Specialists in the Parliamentary Digital Service
Prospect has a numerous and active Branch Committee made up of representatives drawn from across the main employment areas of the Commons, Lords and PDS.