What can an eBranch do for you?
Your branch or section can get online access to membership lists, a mass email tool and a content management system through Prospect's free eSite system. No need to worry about set-up, design or hosting. All you need is internet access and a web browser.
All branches have a 'starter' eBranch which contains online membership lists. Branch officers automatically get access to this (see 'who gets admin rights' below). If that's all you want, everything you need should already be in place. Branch officers, on your Welcome page you'll see a panel headed 'Your members' - click any of the elements to be taken to your eBranch.
There are a number of other modules available on request:
- Members-only web pages. With this module you will have a home page that only your members can see. You should make sure it includes a welcome message and a named contact for the branch. You can create up to ten other members-only pages.
- Upload documents
- Publish brief news updates
- Send mass emails to your members or reps without the need to maintain your own distribution lists
- Host a members-only discussion forum
- create up to ten 'public' web pages for recruitment or campaign purposes.
If you use modules 1, 2, 3, 5 or 6, when your members log into their welcome page they will see a link to your eSite.
Who gets admin rights?
- Some branch officers – secretary, assistant secretary, M&R secretary, organiser, chair/president/convenor and vice-chair – automatically get full admin rights to the eBranch.
- If you want other reps to have admin rights you'll need to designate them as an eBranch administrator or a Communications rep; let your negotiating team know so they can record this on our membership database.
- eBranch admins can only manage content (modules 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 above) - they can manage pages, upload documents, post news updates, look after the dicussion forum. They don't get access to bulk email or membership lists.
- Communications reps can manage content and send mass emails (module 4); they can be given access to your membership lists, but this isn't automatically granted - you need to specifically request this by contacting email@example.com .
- Access to online membership lists and mass email is only available to branch/section officers and communications reps
- Your full-time officer, organiser and/or other Prospect staff in your negotiating team automatically get admin rights.
If your branch has sections, the section officers can access membership lists through their eSection - they don't get access to your branch lists.
Please note that this system doesn't extend down to sub-section level.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
FIND OUT MORE
Log in now (top right of browser) to download the user guides below, get access to a demo eBranch, and see full details of how to apply.