Prospect AGCS - Retired Members Group
Welcome to the Association of Guernsey Civil Servants, Retired Members Branch.
The Association was formed in 1920 as a voluntary organisation to represent the interests of the Established Civil Servants of the States of Guernsey and the States of Alderney. In January 2008 the Association became a branch of Prospect.
The Association has an active Retired Members Branch who can take advantage of many of the benefits the Association and its relationship with Prospect can offer. Careful use of your membership card could save you the cost of your annual subscription!
- Free ½ hour legal advice from a firm of local advocates. The advice does not have to be on a work-related matter (this service is only available after 6 months of membership).
- Discounts from a number of local businesses, for example fitness centres, restaurants and garages etc.
- Social events throughout the year.
The Association is involved in a wide range of issues, one of the most important ones being the negotiation of the annual pay settlement. The Association is the only body recognised by the States of Guernsey to negotiate on the conditions of service on behalf of Established Staff.
There is an ongoing process of reviewing and improving conditions of service as well as implementing new procedures, for example:
- improvements to the pension scheme
- maternity and paternity benefits
- recruitment and selection procedures
- disciplinary and grievance procedures
- improved training arrangements
- review of the job evaluation scheme
- counselling and appraisal provisions.
In addition, the Association will advise, defend and support its members if they have a problem at work.
If you require further details, please ‘phone the Association's office on 01481 740197 or email mailto:email@example.com
Association of Guernsey Civil Servants
St Peter Port
The views expressed on this site are not necessarily the views of Prospect nationally.